Saturday 7 January 2012

365 Reasons To Be Proud To Be British: William Dickson

January 7th: William Dickson patents 35mm film.  Apparently.



Whilst developing the Kinetoscope for Edison, Scotsman William Dixon is said to have invented 35mm celluloid film and patented it. And I'm buggered if I can find any internet reference to such a patent.

It's all confused further by the fact that Dixon was credited two days later as the first copyright holder of a motion picture - "The Edison Kinetoscopic Record of a Sneeze".

Irony alert: my propensity for searching the tinternet any further for patent info is hampered today by my stonking cold. But anyone's got stone-cold evidence of the patent - not a link to another 'on this day' site - do let me know.

By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment